Lynda – Cinema 4D R19 Essentials: VFX
Explore the Cinema 4D workflow for creating VFX and integrating them into live action shots. This course explores key concepts that are crucial to understanding exactly how this 3D application functions. Instructor Andy Needham discusses the importance of motion tracking, and how to track and solve a shot using the motion tracker. He also covers importing models and optimizing the models with the new polygon reduction and level of detail object; animating in Cinema 4D; creating different types of materials; and lighting 3D shots. Plus, he shows how to use the Camera Calibration tag, and how to composite multipass renders.
- What is VFX?
- How is C4D used by VFX artists?
- Setting up a project for tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Removing lens distortion
- Importing a model
- Manipulating keyframes and curves
- Creating shiny, refractive, and bumpy materials
- Working with C4D lights and shadows
- Lighting with Sky objects
- Working with the Camera Calibration tag
- Compositing multipass renders