Hair Tool 3.2.0 for Blender Full Version Free Download
Hair Tool is add-on for Blender that will help you generate hair-card, shell hair or curve hair in non destructive way, using geometry nodes and python.
- For Blender 3.6 – use Hair Tool 3.x (only new hair curves are supported) – and Hair Library 3.0_date
- For ‘old’ Blender 3.3 up to 3.6 use ‘old’ Hair Tool. 2.46 (last version that supports ‘old’ curves) – use HairLib_18_12_2022 with it.
Hair Tool is addon for Blender 2.93 and 3.0 that will help you generate hair-card based on 3d curves in non destructive way.
Business vs Individual license: if you are company with above 100k $ income you are Business. Otherwise you can buy individual license
Three main ways to generate hair-cards with Hair Tool:
- using guide mesh (grid surface)
- using particle hair interactive grooming
- by drawing hair strands (similar to Grease Pencil drawing)
Some of the features:
- automated UV workflow (random uv region assignment per hair strand)
- texture preview directly on curve ribbons
- curve modeling tools (extend, shorten, cut, move hair with IK physics)
- hair library
- go back and forth between curve and mesh ribbons
- adjust ribbons profile (tapering radius, randomizing tilt, editing profile etc.)
- convert: Curves to Particle Hair, Particle Hair to Curve ribbons, Curve ribbons to mesh ribbons and so on.
- curve resampling and decimation (increase/decrease curve/ribbon points count)
- generating vertex color/weights gradients, transferring UVs and vertex weights from character to mesh haircards.
- texture baking (from curves or particle hair; supports: normal, ao, diffuse, tangent maps, ID maps, root map etc)
- build-in addon auto-updater
- and more
Hair tutorials for Blender 2.8 series:
- Introduction video
- Working with materials and uv in Hair Tool 2.1
- Example of making hair in Hair Tool 2.1
Hair Tool can be used to export hair to Character Creator.
- Check out CCreator Smart Hair system
- Hair Tool to Character Creator workflow video tutorial
Smart Hair Shader Part 1 – Basic Parameters & Base Color in CC
Smart Hair Shader Part 2 – Effects & Save Materials in CC